Blackhole Tiles are a one of a kind product for automotive and marine use. These waterproof 4″ x 3″ x 1.5″ Tiles are a multi-layered product that uses these different layers to treat one common issue – noise transfer. These layers include a 1″ thick acoustic foam layer, a floating 1/8″ thick 1lb per sq/ft mass loaded vinyl layer, a vibration isolating closed-cell foam layer, and high-loss visco-elastic damping layer with a pressure-sensitive adhesive.
The 1″ thick high-density polyurethane acoustic foam layer is used to absorb noise.
The floating mass loaded vinyl layer is used to help block noise and behaves as a wide-band treatment for noise
The closed-cell foam layer acts as a decoupler for the floating mass loaded vinyl layer to prevent the transfer of energy from the substrate to the mass loaded vinyl
The visco-elastic layer provides damping properties for the substrate it is applied to
Recommended uses for this product include the following
- Applied to the inside of the door on the outer skin to help absorb the energy generated by the midbass speakers. This helps lower resonance as a whole in the door, while also providing absorption and noise blocking from outside noise.
- Applied to car roofs to help absorb and block outside wind noise.
- Applied inside of subwoofer enclosures to help dampen the enclosure and act as a final layer of fill.
While full coverage is only needed to make a second use of the mass loaded vinyl layer as an outside barrier, we recommend at least 50% coverage for best results to lower resonance and reduce distortion in door-installed midbass applications.
DESCRIPTION OF LAYERS
1) High-efficiency acoustical absorption layer from high-density polyurethane foam.
2) “Floating Wall” sound barrier made of limp flexible vinyl copolymer loaded with non-lead inorganic fillers.
3) Vibration isolation layer made with polyurethane flexible closed-cell foam.
4) Hi-loss flexible viscoelastic double thickness damping layer, backed with a super-strong pressure adhesive.
5) Sealed to ensure water resistance.
4” x 3” x 1.5”